Locking things up keeps belongings safe

The+locker+room+is+a+major+theft+area.+

The locker room is a major theft area.

Theft has been a problem since the beginning of time, but is it a problem at Faith Lutheran? Over the past couple of years, according to operations at Faith Lutheran they have amped up security, making it harder for thieves.

“We have security that roams around, he picks up things if he sees it left out and our porters pick up a lot of stuff and turn it in,” said Melinda Vincent, Faculties Administrative Assistant.

“Theft is a problem in the locker rooms. I’ve had lots of Nikes stolen. I told the PE teacher, but I never got them back,” said sophomore Madi Hess.

Another student shared her bad experience in the locker room.

“I got my make up bag stolen from my locker in the gym. I asked teachers to help me find it and they said they would look out for it. I finally found it in the bag of some other student but I didn’t get all of it back,” said Kayla Juntilla.

Hess and Juntilla may have only experience theft in the locker rooms, but others have had things stolen while they were still in the area of their belongings.

“I decided to run the flag after we scored a touch down, and I put my phone down by the administrators. When I came back a couple minutes later it was gone, and I haven’t seen it since then,” said Vanessa Valdez

From the locker room to the football field, Faith Lutheran is not exempt from theft.

“Make sure you remember to bring everything before you leave, so that you don’t get your things taken from you,” warned Juntilla.

The students may feel that theft is a huge problem, but Vincent shared her opinion, “I don’t think theft is a problem at faith, I actually get a lot of stuff turned in more than I do not turned in.”

Vincent had some advice of her own for faith students, “Do not leave your personal items unattended. Always have them with you, and if they’re not with you than you should have them locked up in your locker, or with a teacher.”

Any establishment will have theft problems, and Faith is not exempt. Students expressed their feelings on the problem, but the bottom line is: if you’re things aren’t with you, they can be stolen. Lock your lockers, leave your things in a locked classroom, or simply keep them on your person to keep your belongings safe.