What’s so classy about class rings?

Whats so classy about class rings?

Dating back to 1835, class rings have been popular in American high schools and colleges in order for students to remember their student years later in their lives.

Students at Faith Lutheran have different opinions on whether one should buy class rings or not and were asked what they thought about them. Krystal Petersen, senior, said,     “If it’s your style, I guess. I’m more of the ‘I’ll wear the clunky jacket’ kind of person but some students are more fond of the rings because it’s more classy.”

Some students think that class rings represent school spirit around the campus and believe that it helps student life around Faith.

“Yes, it does by giving us something to remember about high school and remember forever,” said sophomore, Blake Taylor.

Colin Goorjian, sophomore, thinks differently, however, and said, “I really don’t think it does at all, I just think its just a little cool thing for us to have.”

“I believe it does by showing that your not afraid to wear something out of school that represents who you are and that you support your school,” said Mitch Conley, junior.

One of the most popular class rings companies, Jostens, offers hundreds of different options for customized the perfect ring for you. These class rings can range in price from about a hundred dollars to about two thousand dollars depending on the size, metal type, and stones inside the ring.

Buying a class ring is a great way of showing not only pride in your school, but also representing what you are like on the ring. It is also a great thing to show your children to show them what you were like, but to also remember all of the great memories that you experienced while in school.

For more information on buying rings or would like to customize one perfectly for yourself visit: http://www.jostens.com/rings/high-school-rings.html