Hitting their stride midway through the season

Sarah Crowder

Clara Heislen a sophomore hitting the ball against Arbor View.

The Faith Lutheran Varsity Softball team is off to  a great start so far. Currently, the softball team is ranked #8 in Nevada and #955 nationally.  The Crusaders are on a winning streak and are trying to keep the winning streak for the whole season.  They have 6 games left for regular season then they have playoffs.  Freshman player Maggie Whipple a short stop  said, ” It will be really hard but I think we could keep the winning streak going through the whole season.” They are currently 14-3 and 8-2 in the league.

The crusaders strength so far this season has been their hitting .This is our easiest duty as a coach because “no matter who we put in the line up we have confidence that they will perform,” said Coach Mroczka. This season they have 3 seniors,4 juniors, 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen on varsity this is one of the teams weakness because they are a young team.“ Our girls are maturing, taking game situations as learning opportunities and capitalizing on them.” said Coach Mroczka

Sophomore player  Sophie Foster a Pitcher said “Palo Verde will be the hardest team that we will play this season.”  In the coming weeks we are going to face our tougher competition in the conference Palo Verde, Centennial, and Shadow Ridge.“Our philosophy is to not look too far ahead. We take it one play at a time, one inning at a time, and one game at a time,” said Mroczka. “ This is our opportunity to show that we can stand up the competition that this conference brings.”

Make sure you come support your Crusader softball teams since they only have 3 home games left. The dates are 4/25  and 4/27 against Shadow Ridge at 4pm and Senior night 5/2 against Centennial.