Dress code crackdown

All around campus, students at Faith can be heard grumbling about the “new” dress code being enforced in second semester. However, these dress code rules are are the same rules the school has had for years. The dress code as stated in an email from high school principal Mr. Fogo is as follows:

*Match prescribed Dickie uniform pants, shorts or capris (for girls) in color and style.  If you are uncertain of the specifics, the correct ones can be examined or purchased in the Shield.

*Fit correctly

*Have no holes

*Not have frays at the ends

*Not have external or sewn on pockets anywhere on the pant, short, or capris

*Not have tapered legs (including elastic bottoms)

*Be black or the prescribed khaki uniform color only.

*Be Bermuda length (shorts)

A lot of students are less than happy with the dress code, and feel that comfort does not need to be compromised for the sake of looking the same.

“I think that Khakis are kind of ridiculous because everyone thinks they’re uncomfortable. We should be allowed to wear anything from the Shield because we would make more money and everyone would be more comfortable,” said junior Haley Jack.

For years, the administration has been less than strict when it comes to enforcing the fairly specific dress code rules. However, they’re now cracking down on the students who fail to comply. Currently, most students are prepared for random dress code checks, but how much longer will this last?

“I’m afraid quite possibly because the administration did not exactly prioritize this much in years past that they could possibly not take this seriously,” stated senior Sam Aizenberg on the topic of faculty enforcing their dress code.

In order to keep the faculty on top of the dress code, there are rules set in place for them as well.

“There is a possibilty of a write up for not follwing their contract as it is written,” said Mr.Bowline.

Students who have gotten away with wearing “non- dress code” clothing will have to buy new uniforms that follow dress code as continuing to not follow dress code can eventually lead to suspension. Such items can be purchased in the Shield as well as the Faith Thrift Store.