Booking on technoloy

As the years go on Faith Lutheran is continuing to upgrade and make changes. One change taking affect this year is textbooks. Traditionally, Faith Lutheran has used paper books but have now evolved even more to technology.

“Textbook companies are hiking the prices of paper books and lowering the prices of ebooks.  If we were going to continue to offer paper textbooks, not only would prices severely increase for our parents, we would be promoting an unrealistic practice for the future,” said Principal Fogo.

This year students are required to purchase their own books online through Esco. After making an account Esco will show the books required for each individual student’s schedule.

“I think that it is a great convenience for the Faith families to save a little bit of money this way,” said Lucinda Coumou, parent.

Earlier this year, students were charged six hundred dollars. Many had thought that the money was for books which was upsetting when having to purchase books again. Parents and students have been mislead, the money deposited pays for yearbooks, extracurricular activities, chapel, drug testing, copy costs for student, and many other areas.

This new change has caused many problems for students. With having to download books, students are reluctant to use up their storage.

“It’s cool our school wants to try something new and use online books but spending two hundred dollars plus on online books a year that take up all the storage on your computer is kind of a hassle,” said Siena Faselt, junior.

Some students do not plan on using the online books at all.

“My AP bio and Spanish book I have in a hard copy so Esco is irrelevant,” said Cameron Bracey, junior.