Lip sync fall out

Every year, Faith Lutheran High School students and staff partake in the annual event “lip sync” to kick off Homecoming week.  Students from each grade have the help of teachers and administrators to come up with a routine that matches the homecoming theme.  Typically, a routine consists of a group of volunteered students dancing and lip-syncing to recorded tracks of popular and homecoming theme-based songs, while telling a story of some sort.  Over the years, there has been some controversy regarding how many students participate in the event.

“It used to be popular back when my sister graduated. The numbers have definitely decreased,”  said junior homecoming court winner, Matt D’Arrigo.

Also, freshmen homecoming court winner, Sydney Elliott said lip sync used to be more popular, “It hasn’t been a very popular event since the time I’ve been here, but I remember in sixth grade it was pretty popular and I think it’s getting more popular as it progresses.”

At this year’s lip sync, the senior class reigned as champions in first place, the juniors in second, the sophomores in third, and the freshmen in fourth.  Since seniors won lip sync, they performed their routine again at the homecoming assembly.

“I’m so happy we won because we put a lot of hard work into it, and I really liked adding the backflip in it,” senior Austin Hunt, commented on his class winning.

Brooke Solan is very appreciative of the the hard work everyone put into the routine. “I’m really proud of it. I liked that so many people from different groups and different interests came together and participated in it, since it’s our last year and we all had so much fun together,” said Solan.

Although this year’s lip sync wasn’t as popular as in previous years, the outcome was fantastic with amazing performances by every grade.  Congratulations to the class of 2015, for winning this year’s lip sync competition, and good luck to all participants next year.  Who knows? Maybe freshman will win sooner than later.