The Scoop on Sadie’s 2014

Sadie’s is one of the three dances each year Faith Lutheran has to offer. Sadie’s gives the girls the opportunity to ask the boys instead of the classic boys-ask-girls dance. It is “an event in effort for our school to be a place where students can enjoy themselves and have fun,” said Mrs. Buuck, Student Life Coordinator. Dances here at Faith Lutheran are a great way to get involved with the school and enjoy the limited time in high school. Students share their views on the sports-themed dance this year.

“I decided to go to Sadie’s this year because I did not go last year and I think it will be a great high school experience,” shared sophomore Hailey Petersen. Even though most students would agree the dances are fun, however, some students feel different about the dance. “I didn’t really have anyone that I wanted to ask,” said junior Kennedy Holthus.

The actual Sadie’s dance is not only one of the fun factors that goes into the preparation. Getting asked in different types of ways and deciding what to wear to the dance is a very amusing part of the dance. Nikos Povilaitis, junior, “got asked with a poster and lollipops at school.” Sadie’s is a much more casual dance than prom and homecoming, and couples or friends that attend the dance commonly wear the same outfit as their date.  “We are wearing neon apparel to the dance,” said Petersen.

The actual dance took place Saturday, February 22, 2014 here in the Faith gym. Mrs. Buuck happily admits that this year Student Life broke records in attendance with 268 people! Dance attendees are still reflecting on their opinions and experiences at the dance. Freshman Emily Seigle admits, “I had a lot of fun and it was better than I expected.” Hopefully Sadie’s was an event for the students that attended to cherish memories for many years to come.