Crusader Chronicle

Filed under Showcase, Sports

Tackling with a broken arm

Nate Meredith

Nate Meredith "rolls dice" after he tackles the Centennial offense with a cast on his broken arm.

Senior captain linebacker, Nate Meredith, tackled his way into a Crusader win against Centennial High School on Friday, September 28 with a broken arm.

Meredith took his dedication from the practice field to the Friday night lights as he showed off with tackle after tackle. Many Faith fans noticed that Meredith had a broken arm and taped up his cast to match the teams uniform. His motivation to win all of his senior season has kept him going even with a large cast on his wrist. “Taking it one week at a time. Focusing at being 1-0 is what the coaches really teach us and we take it out onto the field,” Meredith said.

Centennial’s offense attempted to score through passing and rushing, yet Meredith was on his game, reading each play before the Bulldogs could reach the end zone. “Out of two of our conference games we have only gave up 14 points,” Meredith said with pride.

The varsity captain gives credit to Faith’s coaching staff along with all the talent on the field around him. Players like Ma’a Gaoteote, a sophomore linebacker committed to USC, and Hunter Kaupiko, a junior linebacker with an offer to UNLV, assist Meredith with tackles and are constantly pushing him to play harder. “I can’t really take credit for all the tackles. I got to give credit to our defensive coordinator, Coach Davis. He really doesn’t get a lot of credit for all the good play calling he’s been doing all season. It’s also hard to take credit when you’re surrounded by a bunch of talented guys,” Meredith said.

Meredith currently leads his team with 8 solo tackles this season adding to his 29 season total. He averages 7 tackles per game throughout the six games the Crusaders have played so far. He says that he perfects his skill by breaking down film and studying tendencies. The varsity star looks to lead the Crusaders to state to finish his football career.

The team heads into Arbor View this Friday, October 5, 2018. Arbor View is undefeated in league play and has a strong rushing game, but nothing too tough for linebacker Nate Meredith. “They like to run the ball. We just have to shut down the run. Put their back against the wall early,” he said.

Check out my interview with Nate Meredith above.

1 Comment

One Response to “Tackling with a broken arm”

1. Anna Massari on October 7th, 2018 1:47 pm

What a great story!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• FLNN

A Day in the Life of Max Blum

• Tackling with a broken arm

Showcase

Spreading the joy of Jesus

• Tackling with a broken arm

Campus

Varsity girls volleyball wraps up at state

• Campus

New electronic music program coming to Faith

• Tackling with a broken arm

Sports

4A Mountain Region Playoffs Preview

• Tackling with a broken arm

Featured Sports Story Carousel

Girls tennis finishes strong in Reno

• Tackling with a broken arm

A&E

Passion, Pleasure, and Parties with the Great Gatsby

• Tackling with a broken arm

Campus

Lessons learned from Kenya

• Tackling with a broken arm

Sports

The truth behind athletic spending

• Tackling with a broken arm

FLNN

FLNN October 19 Broadcast

The student news site of Faith Lutheran High School
Tackling with a broken arm