Traditional Rivalry at Powder Puff 2013

One of the most anticipated fun-filled sports activities for high school girls and spectators alike is the annual powder puff games. For those of you who don’t know, every year the Faith Lutheran High School Crusaders hold an annual powder puff tournament. Traditional powder puff is usually the sport of football. Unlike most schools, our high school boys coach the girls in kick ball. This makes our school unique and different, just like every single girl who competed in the powder puff games. It was a beautiful, sunny day for the games. During the first game, the freshman class played the seniors, and the seniors took the win. It was not a very close game, but definitely fun to watch because of the massive age gap between the two competing teams.

Next the sophomores played against the juniors. It was a close game and very entertaining to watch the heated competition, but the juniors won. The juniors and the seniors went head to head in the championship game. True to tradition, the rivalry among the juniors and seniors was obvious during the game.

The Juniors and Seniors both prepared for the game by wearing matching uniforms so they could present a unified and intimidating front to the opposing team. Like the weather, the seniors took a scorching win.

“It feels great, we put a lot of effort into this and had a lot of intensity and we are very excited to win.” Said Brock Smith, Senior.

In the stands,  many students, parents and friends cheered on the players. It was a good day for all crusaders and just another great example of all of the community we share here at Faith Lutheran. Just like every year, the  powder puff tournament was interesting, fun, and exciting!