Faith Thespians take over Liberty

Photo caption: Faith’s Honors musical theatre class ready and dressed to present their group number. Photo by unkown

Faith Conservatory’s Musical Theatre students participated in the Regional Thespian Festival at Liberty High School this past weekend. Students presented a range of performances consisting of monologues, one-act plays, solos, short films, group musical numbers, and even set and costume design presentations.

“My favorite part is performing and also getting to watch all the other wonderful Thespians perform, especially those in my troupe,” said junior Shayley Shimkus.

While students are involved in multiple shows and are busied with acting, singing, and dancing lessons, they made sure to dedicate a portion of their time to rehearsing and perfecting their pieces.

Senior Harrison Langford took part in two different categories this year. He performed in a group musical number with other Honors Musical Theatre Students and did a solo to a number from “Big Fish the Musical.”

“I’ve been preparing for each for about three to four months,” said Langford. “I feel that both went well! They both received accomplished ratings.”

Over the course of three days, Faith thespians offered their talents at Liberty High School in Henderson. A total of three adjudicators judge each event in a specific room and give each performer a rating based on what they present. In order to qualify and move onto the State-level Thespian competition, a student must receive an accumulative “Accomplished” or “Proficient” rating during Regionals.

“Having never performed in front of people for a while, especially in front of judges, I was nervous,” said senior Brianna Dagdagan.

I went out of my comfort zone, and I am really proud that I did. After the performance I felt very accomplished, and it was honestly a lot of fun.

— Brianna Dagdagan

The Honors Musical Theatre Class received the highest score and was the number-one pick to perform their group number, “A Wild, Wild Party,” at the Awards Ceremony Showcase. A total of twenty-four individuals from Faith are moving onto the State Competition. Honors Musical Theatre and Musical Theatre 2 students will be advancing to State in March with their group numbers and one-act play as well.