The Scoop on National Honor Society

The Scoop on National Honor Society

The Faith Lutheran Chapter of National Honor Society is an elite group of students that excel in the fields of scholarship, leadership, service and character. “It’s a society that honors our exemplary students who demonstrate all the qualities of a desired NHS student,” shared High School principal Mr. Fogo. Students involved in the chapter are expected to complete a sufficient amount of service hours and are required to maintain an excelling grade point average.

Keith Nagel, junior and current member of NHS said, “The most difficult aspect of NHS is the application process; however, once you are accepted, members have an academic support group to serve the community with.” In order to be considered for NHS, students must represent the school in a very honorable way through grades and service and demonstrate very honorable qualities.

The most important part of NHS to current member, Megan Schumacher is, “That they have many opportunities to serve the community and become better leaders.” National Honor Society teaches members to serve the community and lead the way in making our world a better place both academically and socially. “We keep the standards sufficiently high for the students applying for NHS which is why it is such an elite and advanced group of kids being awarded for what they do,” states Mr. Fogo. The National Honor Society is a very important honor here at Faith Lutheran, to the school and the students.