Flared Leggings Versus Regular Leggings

Picture: A regular pair of leggings on the left and flared leggings on the right.

Are you getting cold outside and want to wear your favorite pair of leggings? Me too! What is the difference between flare leggings and regular leggings? The ankles. So why can’t we wear both of them at school?

The faculty explains why Faith students aren’t allowed to wear leggings. They believe leggings are distracting and too tight. The flare leggings are loose at the bottom, which doesn’t make the leggings so distracting. A quote from HuffPost follows, “They want to teach their students an important lesson. In the past, a number of schools have banned yoga pants and leggings because the tight legwear are considered “distracting” to male students and teachers.”

How is it Faith students’ fault if it is distracting? Students want to wear what is stylish and comfortable for them. I have a very strong opinion about being able to wear leggings. It is just so confusing why Faith students’ can’t wear them. Leggings that are tight at the ankles are enjoyable to wear, and many students here would love to wear them.

Two Faith students share their input. Ava Hernandez said, “I think we should be able to wear leggings because we are allowed to wear flare leggings, and there is not much difference between them. They are both tight pants, and I think we should be able to wear both.”

Next, Josephina Catlet said, “I think we should be able to wear them since we can wear the flare leggings and the pants are the same material as the regular leggings. The only difference between leggings and flare pants is the calf.” Nineteen out of twenty students at Faith Lutheran voted that we should be able to wear regular leggings.

The purpose of leggings is so Faith students can wear the clothing they like. The intentions of females who wear leggings are not to distract others. Girls should be allowed to wear comfortable leggings. In addition to that, we should get the chance to wear regular leggings too. Faith Lutheran’s free dress is on Fridays or some spirit weeks. On those days, we should get the opportunity to wear leggings that follow with a Faith spirit wear, of course.

I believe that students should be able to wear comfortable clothes to school, such as regular leggings. Do you, the students of Faith Lutheran, agree with me?