UPDATED COVID POLICY

Since everyone 5 years old and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, we encourage all eligible students to get fully vaccinated including booster shots. Students should wear a properly fitted mask indoors and in public if they are in an area of high transmission.
To prevent the spread of illnesses in the school, keep your child home if experiencing Covid-19, flu or cold symptoms and check your child’s temperature, observe your child at home for 1-2 hours before deciding to attend school.
KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME, DO NOT SEND THEM TO SCHOOL if he or she has symptoms (but not limited to): fever, cough, congestion, runny nose, sore throat, headache, body aches, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste/smell, unknown skin rash.
Please report to the health office immediately if the following applies. Allow 2- 3 days for a response. Click on button below to report covid positive and covid exposure:
https://forms.gle/L22cqLFCQDXteQbv5
COVID-19 POSITIVE: May return to school when all conditions are met
● At least 5 full days have passed since symptoms first appeared. Date of symptoms
onset is day 0. May return to school on the 6th day AND
● No fever 24 hours before without the use of fever-reducing medications and have improved or no symptoms.
● If you have no symptoms, you must self-isolate for 5 full days regardless of vaccination status. Test date is day 0. May return to school on the 6th day and have no symptoms.
CLOSE CONTACT EXPOSURE:
● Must quarantine for 5 days from the date of exposure. The date of exposure is day 0. May return to school on the 6th day and must be feeling better and have no symptoms.
● Fully vaccinated AND boosted (if eligible) do not need to quarantine. If you are eligible for a booster and not boosted you must quarantine. If you are fully vaccinated and are within 5 months of your second dose, you are fully vaccinated and do not need to
quarantine.
● School close contact exposure can be avoided when students wear masks properly over
their nose and mouth at all times during class. This simple task prevents students from quarantining.
AWAITING RESULTS: Do not return to school until test results are known.
● Stay home and isolate yourself from others. Stay in a specific room/area away from other
household members. Avoid common areas (kitchen, family room) and use a separate bathroom, if possible.

COVID-19 NEGATIVE: May return to school with the following conditions
● Has not been in close contact with someone with COVID-19
● If prescribed antibiotics, the child needs to be on the medication for at least 24 hours
● Must be symptom free for at least 24 hours and should be physically able to participate in
ALL school activities.
As part of symptom screening, your student may need further testing and/or medical follow-up. Please contact your doctor for further direction.
If able to, we encourage students to log in to Crusader Connect and to keep up with assignments and email teachers for questions and missed classwork. Teachers and attendance will be notified of the return date.
Amy Coe, School Nurse [email protected] Abbie Fox, Health Assistant [email protected]