Baseball Coach Expects Big Win

Baseball+players+return+to+++the+mound%2C+although+it+is+undetermined+if+or+how+many+fans+will+be+able+to+attend+games.+

Shayne Saragosa

Baseball players return to the mound, although it is undetermined if or how many fans will be able to attend games.

Grace Jacobson, Sports Co-Editor

This year’s high school baseball season has been highly anticipated by players, coaches, and baseball fans. Faith Lutheran, among a few other schools, such as Bishop Gorman, have the amazing opportunity to begin their 2021 season.

Practices and scrimmages have been a constant so far to get the players loose and ready to go out and play their best. Currently, the Crusaders have a sixteen-game season set up, starting on April 15  vs Pahrump at home.

As of right now, it is still unclear if fans will be allowed to sit in the stands during the games. More specific information will be coming soon. Hitting and catching coach, Robby Jacobson, expects to have a younger varsity team this year. He believes that this group of ballplayers have some talent to show for this year.

“We expect our team to compete at the highest level and we believe that this team has a great chance to win the league,” said Jacobson.

This season is not only an important one for the players and coaches, but especially important for the seniors. Pitcher, Christian Dijkman, who is committed to Centralia College to further his baseball career said, “This season is vital to my upcoming baseball career due to the many professional/collegiate scouts that will be at our games watching and looking for their next prospect, which is a great opportunity for all of our guys.”

This season gives one last run to all of the seniors and it opens up more possibilities for players to get recruited. In conclusion, the Crusaders have high hopes for this year.