Faith Lutheran Mock Trial makes history at World Competition

The+mock+trial+team+posed+for+a+photo+on+Top+of+the+Rock+in+New+York+City.+

The mock trial team posed for a photo on Top of the Rock in New York City.

Faith Mock Trial is the first school ever to bring two teams to the invitation only Empire Competition in New York City. The Empire Competition has schools from all around the world, including South Korea, China, Ireland, Canada, the U.K. and many more. Faith competed in four rounds total over the course of two days. “We competed against Ireland. It was an all girls team and I found their style to be very nice. Competing against them was fun especially because their style was something you don’t typically see,” said Jillian Bowers, senior and captain of the 14th placed team.

At the Empire World Competition, all teams participate in several activities leading up to and after the competition days. The first day the teams went to Top of the Rock and were able to take scenic pictures of New York’s skyline. The next day, students participated in a pin exchange, where student’s exchanged a little token from there state or country. The Faith team then headed down to Times Square to the Broadway Theatre to watch “Miss Saigon.”

“My favorite part of New York was Top of the Rock. The view was amazing and and getting to see New York from a bird’s eye view was awesome,” said Freshman, Sabrina Richards. The competition concluded with a dance and then the top 15 teams were announced.

Faith Lutheran place 10th and 14th in the world. Both of Faith’s teams were announced by name and took the stage to claim their trophies. Pierce Taylor, captain of the 14th place team, commented on how it feels to be 14th in the world, “I am really proud of my team,y and everyone who participated or contributed to our success. Everyone put their all into that competition and performed exceptionally.”

The Faith competitors, parents and coaches were all excited to bring two top 15 trophies back to the Faith Lutheran campus.

Faith concluded their fall season with the Empire Competition and now they move on to compete in the regional and state competition, in hopes to bring back the State Championship trophy for the 4th year in a row.