Mark 10:14 Program Drive Thru BBQ

Driving+up+for+a+tasty+treat.+

Driving up for a tasty treat.

The Drive Thru BBQ is a fundraiser that comes once a year to raise money for the Mark 10:14 Program. This program provides students with special needs to opportunity to receive a Christian education. They are able to participate in all of the wonderful activities Faith has to offer. It also gives them a chance to learn about God’s love and to be treated as equal members of our community attending classes alongside other Faith students.

Mark 10:14 teacher, Mrs. Segalla, loves seeing how excited the Mark 10:14 students get each year as the BBQ approaches. “Many people who have tried our Mark 10:14 BBQ say that the meat is the best barbecued meat they have ever had!  It is different from most barbecue because it doesn’t have a sauce. The meat is rolled in a secret seasoning rub and then grilled slowly over special red oak wood brought here from the central coast region of California.  It smells delicious when it’s cooking and it tastes even better!”

The homestyle meal is enough for 4 people and includes Santa Maria style tri-tip, beans, garlic bread, salsa, and salad. People rave all year long about the food, especially the sourdough garlic bread. The bread is dipped in garlic butter and grilled over the fire. It is so good! My favorite part is the salsa. It is handmade by Leticia’s Mexican Concina Restaurant. It goes on the meat and it’s fabulous! If that’s not enough to make your mouth water, I don’t know what is!

Altogether, this BBQ meal is a very, very tasty dinner that supports a great cause. Many people who have tried our meal say they wish they didn’t have to wait an entire year to get it again!

The BBQ will take place on Saturday, March 1st at Faith Lutheran Jr/Sr High School’s west parking lot. Pick up times are between 1:00pm-5:00pm. Purchase your tickets now at www.mark1014program.org.