Seniors take their final bow

From Dave Elliot via Flickr

Senior, Sarah Morgan, says thank you to the cast and crew of Cinderella one final time

The Faith Lutheran musical, Cinderella, was the final middle school performance for eighth graders, as well as seniors who were involved in tech and orchestra. Even though this was a middle school play, many high school students were involved in the musical. The amount of heart and time that went into this musical paid off for the performers.

The graduating eighth graders and seniors were not the only emotional ones; those who would continue their career in the Faith Lutheran Theatre Company were also emotional. On closing night, senior stage manager, Sarah Morgan, was very emotional when she began thanking director, Dave Elliot.
“I was really emotional on closing night because I have a really strong connection with all of the directors and all my fellow high school students who are doing tech. To me, theatre is a family and it is nice to know that so many people out there are so dedicated to what you love as well,” said Morgan.
High school musicians, as well as some select middle school musicians, were in the orchestra pit performing the difficult Broadway songs. Eighth grader, Jasmine Liang, was a second violinist and felt the pressure while in the orchestra pit.
“I would say it was hard being in the pit because it’s a Broadway musical and the music involved is higher and harder than most college music and so we have to improvise a lot,” said Liang.
Eighth grader, Leah Butler, played the role of the evil stepsister, Charlotte, and enjoyed her time working with the cast of Cinderella.
“My favorite part about the musical was bonding with the majority of the cast and most of the cast was like a second family to me,” said Butler.
Being her last show as a middle school performer, she also mentions that she will miss working with the graduating seniors.
“I am really sad that the seniors are leaving and it is a hard realization to know that you’ll never work with them again. It is also really sad that this is the last show I am doing as a middle school student. But I will continue to pursue my passion in theatre next year, when I am in high school, ” said Butler.
Although many seniors and eighth graders were sad and ending their final middle school show, the cast members said they will forever cherish the bond they made when working on the sold-out show, Cinderella.